Friday, October 17, 2014

Stripes and all that Jazz: Dan Yogarson

For lab hours this week, Collin, the actor playing Dan Yogarson, came in to try the clothes we picked for him. Because the script only describes Dan as a 15-year old boy who "loves babies", we decided to create a personality for him that would look fun, yet appropriate for his lines. We ended up having rugby shirts for him that make him look like a sporty, young, and energetic teenager in the 80's.

The photo on the left was one of our options for him. After realizing that he will look like Waldo on stage, we threw the shirt away back to the basket where it belonged and gave him other earth-colored shirts. Although Collin commented that Dan would look like Steve or Joe from Blue Clues if he wears the dark blue and olive rugby shirts we gave him, we thought that he will look amazing. After much thinking, at the end, we convinced him that our fashion taste is actually good and reliable.

I also went to the costume closet to find canvas shoes for him, but after a good 30-minute search, I did not find any that will fit him. Hopefully, we can get a pair some place else.

I also tried to work on Adam Call's grey slacks, but I ran out of time. That is probably what I have to focus on next week for lab hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? Comment here