Monday, October 27, 2014

Costume Spotlight: Hawkgirl








For my costume critique this weekend I decided to look at Hawkgirl's costume from the Justice League TV series. Her character was originally created by Gardner Fox and Dennis Neville, but Sheldon Moldoff drew the first image of Hawkgirl in costume in the 1940's. Her animation has changed over the years, but her appearance has stayed relatively the same. Animated by Bruce Timm for the Justice League series, Hawkgirl does change her costume a few times throughout the show. Usually her costumes consist of tight clothing, a helmet with a bird-like appearance, artificial wings, and a belt.  She also always carries her mace with her as a powerful weapon. Her costume was designed with a typical superhero feel with the spandex-like clothing, mask, and colorful fabrics. Her costume seems to be a yellow and red leotard; it would make the most sense for this to be one piece. I don't think her top is sleeveless for function, but mainly just so she looks more feminine and attractive. Her belt not only makes her look super skinny and fashionable, but also allows her to fly. Her mask not only hides her identity when needed, but represents her origins from Thanagar.

And so of course I need to put in a short plug for my husbands and I's Halloween costumes, made in under 24 hours out of cardboard, paper, give and take items, and my brother-in-law's socks. Woohoo! ------------------------------------->
Me and my foxy twin.










___________________________________________________________________


No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? Comment here