Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Miss America and the White Dress

The Winner. In white. What a surprise. (Just Kidding, not really)
Every year, I am enamored with the Miss America Pageant.
The sequins!
The bedazzles!
The spray tans!

Needless to say, I love to watch the Miss America Pageant. (Even if their talents are super lame. Which sometimes they are.)


look how many white dresses! The girl in the white wins!
The "costuming" for the pageant although seemingly effortlessly glitzy, actually applies a sense of psychological dressing, especially in the case of the final evening wear look.  The myth is that Miss America wears a white dress. If you want to win, you wear a white dress. This is based on the past winners wearing white, and although the advice seems foolish MANY Miss America hopefuls dress in white, and many of the winners are wearing white.

Of course, one must not wear white to win Miss America, however, many contestants choose to wear white as a "precaution". As you see in these pictures from recent pageants, the majority of the contestants to choose to wear white. Many of the winners chose white dresses also.

Although I'm not sure of its truth, it's kind of weird isn't it?
If I ever run for Miss America, I know what
color of dress I'll be sporting.                                                
Top two. Wearing white.
Almost all finalists in white.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? Comment here