Costume Critique
On the weekend I choose to watched "Jack the Giant Killer". I have watched this movie before but I never pay much attention at what they wear. All kinds of movies the only thing that have attract me are nice out fits. However in this movie I never thought that I will do the opposite. I was looking at Jack's (Nicholas Hoult)costume. At first I thought its a nice sweater but came to find out that it is not. Jack plays an important roll in this movie and if you notice he wore just one costume for the whole movie when he became an adult. I think it is very interesting.If you take a good look at it his costume was perfect. He was raised by his uncle and they were so poor his costume explains it all. I never thought that I would pay so much attention to it but now I did. There were lots of hand sew stitches and it looks rusty and old which describe how poor he was raised and it is probably the only sweater he has for a long long time. It is pretty worn out and I guess he wanted to replace them but they are so poor and has no money to do so. His hair and the rest of his costume fits him perfectly for this play. I love this movie!!


No comments:
Post a Comment
What do you think? Comment here