Saturday, September 13, 2014

Meet Christina Roberts

Hello! My name is Christina (Smith) Roberts and I am a 22 year old twin, newly-wed, hypochondriac, graphic-designer-wanna-be, biology major from a small town in North Carolina.

Ever since I was young I've loved learning, playing in the dirt, catching lightning bugs, and cutting up worms, so maybe I was already a mad scientist in the making? While I did enjoy science in high school, choosing it as my major in college just seemed like the "smart" thing to do. Raised in a (probably lower) middle class family, my career dreams were directed towards the medical field, because who doesn't need a doctor or nurse, right?  Working in the world of medicine meant I'd probably always have a source of income,something that can't be promised with a love for art, no matter how talented. I started my educational career at a small women's college near my hometown as a biology major. While the schooling was exceptional, the environment was terrible. I was incredibly unhappy, but looking back I do not regret my decision to attend my first college; there I was able to meet two of my best friends who I will love for eternity! I was accepted at BYU-Hawaii and once transferring was in order, I took my very first plane ride to the island with my twin sister, and over the course of two years, we met our (eventual) husbands and were both married within a week of each other.

I am currently employed by the Science Department, and will graduate with a Biomedical degree along with a Studio Art minor in December. I LOVE learning about the human anatomy, and would consider it my favorite area of biology. I've always had the dream to be able to physically help people, but I have also found a new passion for graphic design. One day I hope to be able to incorporate my love for both science and art into a career. I also have a desire to work in the film industry whether that be costuming, editing, prosthetic makeup, or set design. I love watching movies, and am usually thinking "how did they make/do that" or picking out discontinuities. I do not have too much experience with making costumes from scratch or from my own imagination, but I have made costumes based on video game characters while volunteering at Anime Conventions on the East Coast. I would rather go to thrift stores to find clothing items, and then alter them how I see fit.

I love crafting, painting, my family, going to concerts, cake, Disney World, temples, video games, movie popcorn, R2D2, and The Walking Dead.
____________________________________________________________________


1 comment:

  1. It's nice to meet you Christina. I am sorry for thinking your picture was your little brother. :-) Looking forward to working with you this semester.

    ReplyDelete

What do you think? Comment here