Saturday, September 27, 2014

Glasses! & The Serger....

There were just too many!
This week for lab the actress portraying Dr. Walker, Dannia, came by! Taimi measured her, and I recorded. We all decided that she should have a lab coat with a nice outfit underneath for when she is in her office, but also have a more scrubby costume for when she is running around the hospital. The lab coat was too big on her, but the blouse Taimi picked was perfect! We also tried to decide on a few pairs of glasses. We popped out the lenses on a few pairs and tried them on, but couldn't choose.

3rd times the charm? ...or not
For the remainder of my lab time I wanted to spend some time with the serger. I want to be able to thread it properly so I can fix it if it ever messes up when I'm using it. I noticed that the first thread wasn't even in the machine so I worked on threading it.  After all of the threads looked okay, I tried to sew some fabric. Everything seemed okay at first, but when I was finished the first thread had broke and my fabric looked a little strange. I decided to check the threading again, and found that the first thread was getting looped around one of the pieces. I untangled it, re-threaded, tried again, and the same thing happened again. I decided to try one more time, and it happened again. The stitches looked somewhat normal, just really close together; and knowing a thread kept breaking, I had probably threaded something wrong. SO, I left a note on the machine. I'd like to be able to learn how to thread it the right way, or figure out what I was doing wrong!
____________________________________________________________________


1 comment:

  1. You may find some comfort in hearing that I too was struggling with that serger today. I did finally get the thread to stop breaking but I had to remove one of the needles and only use 3 threads. Even then I never was able to get the perfect balance on the tension. I have put that serger aside and have pulled out the other one which is working perfectly. Try that one out.

    ReplyDelete

What do you think? Comment here