Thursday, September 25, 2014






Yay! Time for Lab Journal #2!

As you can see, I now have a super hipster banner for my posts. Isn't it fun? I completely copied was inspired by Christina's header idea, and decided to make my own.
(Yes. her's is way more high tech. I tried okay.)

Moving on.


This week during lab hours I completed two main tasks.

Thing 1: Picked out every piece of jewelry that I considered to be 80's looking.
Put them into a box. Moved the box. Realized that the jewelry shifted around the box dangerously. Went into the closet to get a piece of felt big enough to line the box. Realized that the only color there that was big enough did not match the boxes color. Wrestled with myself on whether it was worth digging through the box to find felt of another color. Convinced myself it did not matter. (even though it obviously did) Cut the felt to fit the box, cut the felt too large, and then ended up folding it over to fit into the box. I then arranged all the jewelry until it looked all pretty and beautiful. Watched in silent horror as people took stuff out of the box, and messed up the order.


Glasses. Oh, glasses.

Thing 2: I fitted. and fitted. and fitted. Libby Templeton came in, and I fitted her in at least 2,350 outfits before we found something we were happy with. I measured 2 actors, found a pair of slacks for Dannia. (first try!), a blouse for Dannia (first try!) Got outvoted on a glasses issue (well, you win some, you lose some) and picked out many, many earring options. I also found a pearl necklace for Kathy to mimic the one found in an image of Kathy Yorgason.

It was a busy couple of hours.


On the bright side, things got done.
I like it when things get done.




Until next time,

-Taimi Kennerley

1 comment:

  1. I love your attention to detail and organization skills. I'm also impressed that you found something for Dannia on the first try!

    ReplyDelete

What do you think? Comment here