Friday, December 12, 2014

Final: Part III








We had our fashion show this past week and here is how my costume turned out!

I ended up changing my jumpsuit concept completely, and went for high-waisted pants with elastic waist and ankle bands to create a baggy, genie-pant look. I made a white, short sleeved top with a high-low peplum, and paired it with a gold scarf that could be worn as a hood as well. I wore mint colored heels to match my pants and to make my character a little more classy. I braided my hair to the side, and added some bangles, rings, and earrings.




My costume turned out TOTALLY different than I expected, but considering my plan got ripped up at the beginning when I couldn't find fabric, I'm fairly pleased. I really wanted to make a flowy, elegant jumpsuit that I could wear again! I was unhappy with the fabric I had to use for my pants, but I don't think they look TOO much like pajamas. My shirt turned out well, except my sleeves got a little messy during the sewing process. I will probably fix them, and then add the shirt to my normal wardrobe!

Overall, I think I was able to successfully portray a modern version of princess Jasmine.

____________________________________________________________________




No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? Comment here