Saturday, November 8, 2014

Happy Halloween Costume Critique

I wasn't that exciting this Halloween.
I truly was not. I was rather a boring person.
But that is okay because boring people are people too.

 I'm a person.
You're a person.
That person over there is a person.

This beginning doesn't really make any sense. But that's okay because now I'm going to transition into Halloween.
My boring self was convinced by my friends to go to the school Halloween dance.
We had fun dancing, but I think my favorite part about Halloween is checking out everyone else's costumes. Although many costumes had unique flair, some of the costumes were more popular than others.

These are some of the most popular costumes I saw:

The Zombie:
The zombie is a classic costume because of both it's simplicity and the fact that it looks gross and like it took way more time than it actually did. Perfect for college students. All one needs to do is wear normal clothes, maybe rip them up a little, and put some blood on your face. Voila. You're a zombie. Or you could go as a college kid zombie, by simply wearing sweat-pants and a dazed "It's finals" look on your face. Sometimes I do this costume on other days that aren't Halloween. You know, just to spread that festive Halloween spirit year round.

I don't know these kids. But they look cool.


The "I'm Wearing My Super Hero Shirt To Not Seem Like I'm Wearing A Costume While Kind Of Wearing A Costume" Costume:

This one is EXTREMELY popular. It makes sense. You don't want to seem like you tried too hard to have a sweet awesome costume, but you don't want people to get mad at you for not wearing a costume. Enter the superhero shirt. A subtle costume for those kids who aren't really sure if it's okay to dress up and want to play it safe. Helpful if your friends also own superhero shirts, "Look guys! We're the Avengers!"

Yeah. I don't know who these people are either. But they are all wearing superhero shirts. Bonus.


Rosie the Riveter:

This costume was super popular because of 1) It's easily recognizable, 2) It's easy. Every girl has a denim shirt and some jeans and a bandanna or headband. If you can whip together a costume in under 5 seconds and still look super cute and retro what's not to love? Win-win-win-win. Yep. A quadruple win for college girls. Also, if Beyonce does it, it's pretty much automatically cool. Anything Beyonce does is cool.
Beyonce can do it.
Finally, a look at our costumes!
I went as Bill from Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure. (Which is my favorite movie ever.)
From left to right we have....
Friends are pretty cool.
Hannah as a 1950's housewife.
Sam as a Greek Goddess.
Me. Doing Me.
Kami as Rosie the Riveter.
Tia as a vampire.
Yeah. We know. We are cooool.
Happy Late Halloween, and whatever else you are celebrating right now.
Happy Birthday if it's your birthday.

Until next time,
Taimi Kennerley







No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? Comment here