Tuesday, November 18, 2014

And Then It Happened: Dress Rehearsal and Play Night of One Tattered Angel

After weeks of preparing, styling and sewing costumes for the cast of One Tattered Angel, we finally were able to see the result of our hard work—behind the curtains, that is. I volunteered to help during the last night of dress rehearsal (Wednesday) and the second night of the play (Friday) and I loved every minute of it. Of course, it got a little bit crazy at times when I had to rush and figure things out quickly, but all in all, I had a pleasant experience.

I was assigned to help on the left side of the stage (stage right in an actor's perspective) and had to assist Blaine (Cameron) and Kathy (Kimmy) with their quick costume changes. I had a list taped on the wall to help me know when each character has to change and what costume they had to remove or put on, so the job was not as confusing as how it could have been without that list. I was really impressed by Kimmy because she was too sweet and nice whenever she asked for help. I have worked with other actors in the past and I had been in several plays before and so I know how some actors can just treat backstage crew like they are slaves, but Kimmy was just really amazing. She made me realize that everyone is important and there is no excuse not to be polite and nice—even when you are in a hurry.

My experience this semester was truly wonderful. I am glad that I was able to work on the costumes for this play and in a way be a part of the telling of the amazing story of One Tattered Angel.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? Comment here