Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Costume Critique

After working on a class presentation on Dorothy Jeakins a costume designer, I have decided to watch one of the movie which she happen to be the person to design all the costume on that film which is "The Sound of Music".

 Dorothy Jeakins: Costume Designer

Born: San Diego, CA in January 11, 1914

Education: Otis College of Art and Design (1934-1934). 

Awards: She was awarded for the best Costume Design and are nominated by Tony Award for Best Costume Design. 

Died: November 21, 1995 in Santa Barbara, CA. 

  1. Maria's wedding gown, dress fits her attitude and the kind
    person that she is, I can totally
    wear this if its my wedding dress. .
    love it!
cutest dress ever.. I will totally wear
it nowadays, very modest and love
the color.
The Sound of Music - The family von trap singing, costume designed fits perfectly on each one.
Very modesty, neat and well designed.

Note: If you notice at this movie, Dorothy Jeakins costumes on this film was all very modest and I loved it so much, All of those costume can be worn nowadays and I would wear what she made for this movie. ABSOLUTELY PERFECT. 








No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? Comment here